Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
The Department of Electrical Engineering has been in existence since 2002.PG course Power electronics and drives has been started at 2013. The academic strength of the faculty is reflected by the alumni, many of whom are in the top echelons of industry and academia both in India and abroad.
- UG and PG Programmeshave got Permanent affiliation from Anna University, Chennai.
- Value added coursessuch as Fundamentals of Industrial Automation, Course on Digital Logic, Embedded Systems Programming – An integrated Approach and NI LABVIEW Programming are offered to students regularly.
- Students are encouraged to do Mini-Projectsto enhance their practical skills.
- MorePlacement Training Programmes are organized for the benefits of students.
The Department is well equipped with state-of-the art laboratories and infrastructural facilities in all the thrust areas. Students get a wide exposure and practical hands on training in the sophisticated equipments during their lab sessions.
- Power electronics and drives Laboratory
- Electrical machines I Laboratory
- Electrical machines II Laboratory
- Linear integrated circuits Laboratory
- Control system Laboratory
- Power electronics Laboratory
- Electronic devices and circuits Laboratory
AP/EEE, PG CO ORDINATOR
M.E Power Electronics and Drives was started in the year 2012 with intake of 24 students. The Department has renowned personalities as faculty who are involved in providing Quality Education. The department has a comprehensive curriculum on topics related to all aspects of computer hardware and software with an emphasis on practical learning. The course structure is up to date and includes courses on recent topics to equip our students with the latest developments in Computer Science and Engineering. The department conducts periodic workshop, seminar, symposium and conference to help students, research scholars and corporate world to unite in a common place and thereby strengthen the industry institution fusion. Students are always industry ready with all the above benefits.
The College has established Women Empowerment Cell in the college campus to empower girl students, to enhance understanding of issues related to women and to make the college campus a safe place for women students. The aim of this cell is to create the awareness of the women’s right and to empower women.
The Objectives of Women Empowerment Cell are
- To Promote a culture of respect and equality for female gender
- To bring together women organizations, government agencies, decision makers, academicians and technologist to share knowledge and ideas in the relevant fields
- To conduct seminars & workshops to impart knowledge of opportunities and tools available and train the women.
- To create a conducive counseling environment for female gender to share their problems
- To make the women empowered economically, socially, culturally and politically in order to make the fullest use of their potential to the growth of the nation.
- To inculcate entrepreneurial attitude among young girls, scientists at the earliest so that they can be “Job givers” rather than “Job takers”
AP,EEE, Women Empowerment Cell Coordinator
Asssistant professor/EEE department
The objectives of this association activities are
- To enhance the technical knowledge in the field of computers by conducting quizzes, seminars, group discussions, meeting and other similar activities and thereby increasing the confidence level of students.
- To develop leadership quality and initiative and promote a feeling of responsibility in them.
- To teach the art of working in a group.
- To make the students aware of various emerging areas in the field of computing and various areas of research and development.
This association has organized various activities like Paper Presentation and Quiz Competition on every month to improve the personality of students and to enhance their caliber. An annual intercollegiate technical fest is also organized in every year. Also, this association provides opportunity for students to present their latest innovations, findings, and trends in advanced technology, tools, techniques and strategies relevant to the Engineering fraternity.